NFI Group buses incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell).
NFI Group Inc. (“NFI Group”) and its subsidiaries comprise the largest bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, with 31 fabrication, manufacturing, distribution, and service centers located across Canada and the United States and employing over 6,000 team members.
NFI Group provides a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under several brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™ (bus and coach parts, support, and service). NFI Group’s vehicles incorporate the widest range of drive systems available ranging from clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, trolley-electric, battery-electric, and fuel cell electric.
- New Flyer is North America’s heavy-duty transit bus leader and offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. New Flyer actively supports over 44,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 7,300 are powered by electric motors and battery propulsion and 1,600 are zero-emission.
- Motor Coach Industries is North America’s motor coach leader offering the J-Series, the industry’s best-selling intercity coach for 11 consecutive years, and the D-Series, the industry’s best-selling motor coach line in North American history. MCI actively supports over 30,000 coaches currently in service.
- ARBOC is North America’s low-floor, body-on-chassis (“cutaway”) bus leader serving transit, paratransit, and shuttle applications. With more than 3,000 buses in service, ARBOC leads the low-floor cutaway bus market providing unsurpassed passenger accessibility and comfort over traditional high-floor cutaway vehicles. ARBOC also offers a medium-duty bus for transit and shuttle applications.
- NFI Parts is North America’s most comprehensive parts organization, providing replacement parts, technical publications, training, service, and support for NFI Group’s bus and motor coach product lines.
- Carfair Composites is a leader in fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) design and composites technology and has over 700 dedicated team members located in facilities between Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), and Anniston, AL (USA), Wausuakee, WI (USA) and Gillett, WI (USA). As a comprehensive manufacturer of engineered composite products, Carfair Composites supplies to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) in agriculture, construction, transportation, commercial, and medical industries. Carfair Composites brings together the strength of historic North American composite leaders formerly known as Carlson Composites, Frank Fair Industries and Sintex-Wausaukee Composites.”
NFI Group Milestones
- 1930: Western Auto and Truck Body started in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 1945: Renamed Western Flyer Coach
- 1986: Sold and renamed New Flyer Industries (NFI)
- 2005: NFI completes IPO and becomes a public company listed on the TSX
- 2009: NFI launches LEAN OpEx program
- 2010: NFI acquires TCB Enterprises
- 2011: NFI converts capital structure from IDS to Common Share
- 2013: NFI acquires Orion Parts and North American Bus Industries (NABI)
- 2015: NFI acquires Motor Coach Industries (MCI) and Frank Fair Industries
- 2017: NFI acquires Carlson Engineered Composites (now Carfair Composites).
- 2017: NFI opens its Vehicle Innovation Center in Alabama
- 2017: NFI acquires assets of Sintex Wausaukee Composites (now part of Carfair)
- 2017: NFI acquires ARBOC Specialty Vehicles
- 2018: NFI delivers 10,000th Xcelsior® bus
Learn more about New Flyer history.
Further information is available at newflyer.com, arbocsv.com, mcicoach.com, nfi.parts and carfaircomposites.com. The common shares of NFI Group are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI.