Last Revised: September 10, 2018
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website available at each of the following domains, each owned and operated by the Company (the “Websites”):
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our websites. By using our websites, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name
- company or organization name
- job title or role
- email address
- telephone number
- mailing address
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- visit our website
- request information
- schedule a demonstration
- submit an employment application
- subscribe to our emails
- register yourself with the Website
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, we may ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your computer after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our websites to help us understand how you arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never reveal personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your response to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link This allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This information is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third Party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications and website analytics technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns or our website. The information collected can be gathered on our websites and/or the websites where our marketing communications are appearing.
One example is MailChimp, which helps us to create and deploy promotional and marketing communications emails to specific email lists. MailChimp provides analytics on send such as open rates, click-through rate and time spent by a user.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when its receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed to the service. Any transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Policy.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain, process, and protect your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage or contact us directly for assistance.
Information of Minors
We do not actively seek to gather information from individuals under the age of eighteen. We do not target the Website to minors and would not expect them to be engaging with our websites or services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Preventing malicious activity and provide you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your information to any third party. We may disclose your Personal Information to our trusted third party business partners in accordance with this Policy. We work with a number of partners that help us process your requests, deliver customer service and support, send email marketing communications, and provide experiences that you have come to expect from us. We will share your information with these partners in order to fulfill the service that they provide to us. These partners are under contract to keep your information secure and not to use it for any reason other than to fulfill the service we have requested from them.
Third Party Marketing
We will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of the Company or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of the Company’s employees.
There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Third Party Websites
For Website Visitors Outside of the United States or Canada
Many visitors to our Websites may be located outside of the United States or Canada. To provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States, Canada, and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. We do not warrant or represent our processing of your Personal Information will comply with the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the Websites. Regardless, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We take reasonable technical, administrative, and physical precautions to keep your Personal Information secure against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any online credentials used to access your Personal Information, such as a username and password. At any time you believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your credentials or information.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
NFI owns and operates this Website. We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact us about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us at:
Attention: Legal Department
711 Kernaghan Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada